You know you’re pregnant when…

You know you're pregnant when...

You know you are pregnant when everything food related on Pinterest makes you sick instead of wanting to pin it.

A friend of mine shared the above “You know you’re pregnant when…” status today and ever since then I keep thinking of more scenarios when you know you’re pregnant.  I hope you’ll enjoy my list and that you’ll add your own in the comments below.

You know you’re pregnant when you get up to pee in the middle of the night and fall asleep on the toilet.

You know you’re pregnant when you’re ready for a snack fifteen minutes after you finished dinner.

You know you’re pregnant when you finally understand what your mom meant when she said, “…and after all I’ve done for you.”

You know you’re pregnant when you are scrubbing the baseboards because the baby can’t come home (months from now) without clean baseboards!

You know you’re pregnant when……..wait what was I talking about again?

You know you’re pregnant when emptying the dishwasher becomes strenuous exercise.

You know you’re pregnant when you go to the freezer to get the last ice cream bar that you have been craving all day and someone else has taken it.  Then it takes an hour to recover from the frustration/devastation.

You know you’re pregnant when rolling over in bed takes five minutes.

You know you’re pregnant when you silently cheer for making it to your cell phone in the next room before it went to voicemail.  Then you try to catch your breath before saying hello.

That’s the end of my list but I would love to hear how you knew you were pregnant.

About Ashley

Ashley is very happily married and the mother to a beautiful little girl and sweet baby boy, and she is the main voice behind Embracing Marriage.

Comments

1. Renea Fischer says:

i want to connect with your on facebook twitter, and pinterest, but when i click your links, it simply opens up your blog in a new tab. over and over and over.

2. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my whole funny comment is gone *tears*

and i was so funny

suffice to say:

i remember i was happy, funny and pleasant when pregnant.

no one else remembers that.

they all LIE.

😉

• AshleyWalkup says:

Oh no, I’m sorry your comment disappeared. …that’s hilarious about your pregnancy though. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

3. These are so true! Some are even true for me when I’m not pregnant (the ice cream bar one) lol.

Gosh this is bringing back memories.. it wasn’t that long ago that I was pregnant and not much longer before that, I was pregnant with my first. Although being pregnant a huge part of the past few years for me, it is easy to forget some of these…and thinking back, I think I will appreciate being able to roll over in bed onto my belly tonight 🙂

Mine..

You know you are pregnant when you pop a tum in your mouth every 5 minutes…especially before I finally started taking prilosec!

4. suelee1998 says:

these are so true! I can especially relate to the eating after meals one, as soon as I was done my meal I was looking for he next snack!

5. hahaha, Ashley, that is so true! I spent the first four months of being pregnant with my daughter so sick that I turned green whenever I walked into a grocery store. My mom had to start going with me because I would get so sick and/or pass out that someone had to be with me. Total strangers would actually stop me and ask, “Are you okay? You are green.” I was too busy being sick/passing out to respond.

6. SO true! You know you’re pregnant when you spend the majority of your day bowing down to your porcelain throne.

7. Oh yeah!And you know you’re pregnant when the only food craving you get can be satisfied by hopping onto a plane and traveling around half the world!! (I had a craving for airplane food with my 2nd one!!)

8. Daisy Tremorev says:

LOL – I am trying to get pregnant again and thinking about it makes me tired!

9. HA! Love this! I love the ‘5 minutes to roll over’ one… that was SO me haha!

10. Haha, some of those are too funny! Like the 5 minutes to roll over, sooo true for me! The funny thing is I did a post just like this about a month ago. http://www.amomstake.com/2013/07/you-know-youre-pregnant-when/

11. Melanie Roberts says:

hahah.. LOVED this post… soo true and I remember doing most of them at some point with all three pregnancies … my You know you are pregnant moment was craving watermelons for month once they finally came into season I could have cared less… baby was here..lol.. 🙂

12. Yep, you nailed it with all of these. I knew I was pregnant when I started craving cheeseburgers and strawberry shakes from McDonalds. I had to have that crap when I was pregnant.

13. Jo-Ann Brightman says:

All of these comments are so true- form can’t eating to wanting everything or specific weird items, from can’t bend to wanting to clean everything

14. Denise Taylor-Dennis says:

You know you are pregnant when all the water in your body has gone to your feet.